UC compensation reforms
In response to issues raised by audits and management reviews, legislative hearings, and media reports, UC has enacted numerous reforms, with more underway, to improve transparency and accountability regarding the University's compensation practices. Key reforms include:
- An annual report to the Legislature on senior management compensation and reform efforts.
- Annual audits of senior management compensation.
- A new structure and approval process to strengthen Regents' oversight of and market appropriateness for senior management compensation.
- A new policy to improve the public disclosure of compensation information.
- A reorganization of the UC Office of the President, including several new leadership positions, to ensure better compliance with policies and to strengthen business practices.
- A comprehensive review and reform of compensation-related policies.
- Full list of reforms (pdf)
Revised UC disclosure policy (pdf) – September 2006